[TenTec] Ameritron amp issues and looking for a Centaur

Rick Denney rick at rickdenney.com
Mon Mar 31 15:12:03 EDT 2008

Ed writes...

> Rick Denney wrote:
>> I'm having a persistent problem with an AL-811 and now I'm wondering
>> if the way my Omni V is keying it might be part of the problem.
>>

> I would check whatever is in the filament CT.......

Ed, thanks for the response. That's what I'm thinking, but I've
already checked it all. The AL-811 is simple--there is the T/R relay,
the input tank switched with the input bandswitch, and a couple of
capacitors that protect the input tank from filament biasing voltage.
The biasing voltage is there--the filaments are lit. I was sure it was
one of those caps!

Rick, KR9D