[TenTec] Ameritron amp issues and looking for a Centaur

Ed w3nr at comcast.net
Mon Mar 31 16:08:26 EDT 2008

Rick Denney wrote:

>> I would check whatever is in the filament CT.......
>
> Ed, thanks for the response. That's what I'm thinking, but I've
> already checked it all. The AL-811 is simple--there is the T/R relay,
> the input tank switched with the input bandswitch, and a couple of
> capacitors that protect the input tank from filament biasing voltage.
> The biasing voltage is there--the filaments are lit. I was sure it was
> one of those caps!
>
> Rick, KR9D

Where are they applying cut-off bias ??  and is not the metering circuit
also tapped off the CT ? I would think in a GG amp, there would be zero
grid current until some drive is applied. Are the grids strapped
straight to ground or are they floating via a cap/resistor combination.

Is this the 3 or 4 tube version ??

Ed W3NR