[TenTec] Antenna Tuners...questions

Arthur Trampler atrampler at att.net
Thu May 1 13:53:25 EDT 2008

OK, I "have" to chime in.

In 2006 QST did a comparison of various auto-tuners, including efficiency
ratings.  The Palstar Auto Tuner was one of them and I expected its more
"traditional" design to yield the best results.

To my surprise, especially in terms of efficiency, it did not when compared
with the the LDG, MFJ or the Ten Tec 253.

George...I am not presuming to trump your knowledge, personal or
professional.  I run a managed care organization; I'm not an RF engineer.  I
am wondering if you've read that review though and have any thoughts on its
findings.

Art
KØRO