[TenTec] Hooking up Omni VII to a network now

Denton denton at oregontrail.net
Fri May 2 11:53:39 EDT 2008

I have been following this thread with interest...have an Omni 7 that, with
crossover cable, was able to get it to talk via ethernet ports to my pc
running Windows XP for home.
I had to get the ip address to the second ethernet card dedicated to the
Omni 7, enter that data into the G8WAY IPADDR settings in the Omni and then
use the same values in the Omni's IPADDR settings..with the last 3 digits
being slightly different numbers.
I had to also configure the second ethernet card manually..designate it's
own ip address and it reports limited usage...I think that is due to the
Omni's limited ethernet port configuration...not the computers. Switching
ethernet ports, either pci or motherboard mounted reports the same criteria.
When Ripping, the Omni's screen goes blank and I have the Omni's recieve
audio in the computers speakers, using the computer's motherboard mounted
soundcard and still allows use of the mike on the Omni for ssb.
I am running N4PY's Omni control software.
However, I still have to use either the motherboard soundcard or another
soundcard for use with my MixW program, plus a dedicated serial port for ptt
for same program.
Is there any way to get the ethernet port for total rig control with Mixw or
other digital control programs and eliminate using the audio and ptt patch
cords?