[TenTec] Lowest loss matching an antenna for my Argonaut 509

Jim WA9YSD wa9ysd at yahoo.com
Wed May 7 22:04:53 EDT 2008

150 ohms at resonance you say  thats 3:1  Thats a tuff one to find unless Palomar Engineering or Amidon still making made to order specialty baluns.  A 4:1 would be about 25% less effecient or power loss being radiated out.  Been years since I last ordered anything from them.

Maybe feed it with narrow space open feed line that is home brewed, to a low loss tuners looks like it is easier to make it happen.  A company use to sell ladder line spaced about 1 1/2 inches using 1/8 inch plastic dowel type spacers, and the spacers were about a foot apart or so.  You do not want to use the web type ladder line cause it has a much higher line loss.

Keep The Faith, Jim K9TF/WA9YSD