[TenTec] firmware crash issue and bad uploads

Leonard J. Umina umina55 at theuminas.com
Wed May 7 22:58:09 EDT 2008

I finally got my Orion to upload 2.062 and verify OK after the upload.  I
did it by messing with the windows driver for the com port.  In my case I
was using a USB com port which is all I have and I was getting bad verifies
and the rig would crash with varying symptoms depending on where the bad
data was I'm sure.

I set the com port (control panel/ system/device manager/ports/com3) for
hardware flow control.  I also adjusted the response parameters for faster
response.  The very next upload worked perfectly, and the verify gave me the
message I wanted to see..File and Firmware verified OK.

73,

WT6G

Len

  _____

Virus Database (VPS): 080507-0, 05/07/2008
Tested on: 5/7/2008 7:57:47 PM