[TenTec] Balun Isolator

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj at storm.weather.net
Fri May 9 21:09:18 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-09 at 15:17 -0700, pfizenmayer wrote:
> Stuart - that has been done also  - by and Engineer at Belden I think - I
> cant remember right now who did it but if I find it again I will send it .
> He used a "triaxial method " with the coax under test inside another outer
> conductor .
>
> http://www.tennadyne.com/pdf/coaxial_tenn.pdf I was wrong it was Times Wire
> and Cable - here is a link to the Tennadyne site that has the paper. Also
> says much was in QST in April 1981.
>
> 73 Hank K7HP

I think that was probably done back early in WW2 when the "modern"
braided coax was first used in quantity. Its probably discussed in the
components volume of the MIT Radiation Lab series. Somebody back then
had to determine the coverage needed for radios and radar in those days
to set the standards we still use.

73, Jerry, K0CQ