[TenTec] 95% Shield

Chuck & Vicki Tifft cftifft at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 17 20:48:33 EDT 2008

I know there has been some claims to link Cancers to RF exposure, I am
retired Broadcast transmitter guy, who spent more than 25 years exposed to
high power transmitters from 550khz to 18ghz, and so far, so good.
Interestingly I can not recall a single person who got leukemia, from the
probably couple hundred or more people, I either worked with or knew from
the business throughout the years. These are people who spent most of their
working time around high RF fields. I am sure there nust have been some,
because just the average population percentages would dictate that. But as
for there being an unusually  high pertcentage in that group, I would have
to disagree, because I certainly haven't seen it among those I know. Or
maybe we all were just smart enough not to stare into the open end of a hot
waveguide.
One more point, any well designed broadcast or commercial transmitter
installation is going to include some type of output filtering in the
transmission line, or at least some form of interference reduction device.
whether it be a filter,isolator or whatever. It is just good engineering
practice. Now you situation, may call for some other additional measures,but
it is always good practice to be a clean as you can to start with.
Chuck
W6RD