[TenTec] Low Pass Filter

Jim WA9YSD wa9ysd at yahoo.com
Wed May 21 20:31:32 EDT 2008

Who had the RFI problem on 160M 70 miles away?  Sounds more like the TV shield and connector not properly installed and grounded.

When I make these connector up with RG6 I strip the cable  right down to the center conductor with about 1/2 of the center conductor sticking out.  Then I cut back a little more than 1/8 inch of the outer jacket and not touching the braid.  This is the important part, I fold back the braid over the outer jacket and I crimp the connector.  This also work on the 2 piece connectors as well.  Makes those annoying diagonal black bars disappear every time.  Most installers I have seen do not give a hoot cause it takes to much time, they just jamb it in and crimp.

 Keep The Faith, Jim K9TF/WA9YSD