[TenTec] LPF HPF and TVI

Doug Turnbull turnbull at net1.ie
Thu May 22 13:03:07 EDT 2008

Dear OMs,
     I just wish to clear up one minor point.   The transmitter seventy
miles to the north is in fact a terrestrial TV transmitter.   Most of my
neighbours watch the UK channels with perfect clarity from this distance.
We are on a height and the signals are reliable but of course not very
strong.   It is only with these distant TV signals that I have a TVI problem
next door.  Their  TV signals are a combination of terrestrial signals from
north of Belfast; Irish TV received from a mountain about twenty miles
distant and Rupert Murdock's satellite TV.   My 160 Meter signal overwhelms
the neighbour though there is not a trace of TVI on the weakest of TV
signals in our own QTH.   I must be more careful in my writing so as not to
leave ambiguity - sorry.

    Thanks to those who sent on HPF filter designs and also information on
sources for the wire.   I will give serious consideration to building a
couple of HPF in the near term.   I do have an order in for three ICE HPF
filters and will give these a try as well.   The ICE products seem to be
pretty good the only problem is that one may wait months for delivery.   I
may even consider another 'free to air or non-subscription' satellite
receiver for the neighbour.  I want the problem fixed.   Part of the problem
next door is in the combination of TV signals from three different sources
which are then piped through the house.   Top band, my only problem band may
not be worth it for summer time operation.

Thank you once again for all your advice.

             73 Doug EI2CN