[TenTec] Orion sweep schematics

Rick Williams ve7asr at yahoo.com
Thu May 22 13:25:12 EDT 2008

Am I losing it?  (That's a rhetorical question - calm
down.)

I have been agonizing over the A4 Orion 9 MHz IF
schematic.  In the upper left is, what I believe, some
signal conditioning for the SWEEP function.  It looks
like connector J7 TMP takes the IF board output to the
SWEEP amp board A13.

Today I decided to look at the A13 board schematic.
Well it looks REMARKABLY like the upper-left of the IF
A4 board?  (If anyone is interested the schematics A4
and A13 are available at:  (
http://rfsquared.com/file_download/25 and the
schematics are 81910.pdf and 81957.pdf)

I guess I find it strange that all this signal
conditioning wasn't on a single board?  Am I missing
something?  Has anyone taken a look at these circuits
to evaluate what the T-T engineers had in mind?

Thoughts?  Thanks!

73,
Rick
VE7TK