[TenTec] K3 information

Don Rasmussen wb8yqj at yahoo.com
Thu May 29 00:26:19 EDT 2008

>>> Just wondering.................

Also, entirely relevant is the reason for the dream
radio one - Yuri felt that his valid input in the
early stages of Orion had been trivialized. So he
broke camp, even though Ten Tec had buckled under to
his persistence.

If it was Elecraft, rather than Ten Tec, he would have
been told in the beginning that his suggestion was "on
the list".

Then he could only feel bad about the length of time
it was taking to have it implimented.

I have more than one documented issue "on that list",
which IMO will never happen. That's disappointing, but
it's smart how they handle it.

On the other hand, I see N6KR become notably (choose
adjective - "concerned", "annoyed", or "motivated") at
the suggestion on that reflector that any specific
function is not the way it should be. It comes to the
point where his life stops until the issue is
addressed and fixed. He has sole control of such
activity and changes -can- be seen in hours.

A small amount of personal responsibility for a
product go a very long way. So does passion for your
product. Ten Tec really extended themselves on the
Orion line but IMO, decided to move on to OMNI VII at
some point. Dimishing returns and nobody on the
firmware team that was willing to work all hours of
the day and night for nothing, like N6KR. In addition
there is the non-trivial aspect of their commercial
business. Still Orion is a nice enough product.

I own Tentec analog rigs, and Elecraft SDR
transceivers, my personal preference for having the
cake and eating it too. ;-)

God Bless you Yuri wherever you are. ;-)

Re: [TenTec] K3 information
from [Reed O. Krenn] [Permanent Link][Original]