[TenTec] Ten Tec Orion II Beta Testing

bill ogden billogden at optonline.net
Sat Nov 1 15:22:47 EDT 2008

I hope there is a little more to the update than what is listed in the status description.  Like several others, I am considering moving my O1 back to the 1.xxx level. It seems to me that the noise reduction worked much better in level 1, the software noise blanker worked better, the AGC was more useful, and the receiver audio level was higher. I never used the notch, so I cannot comment about it. The V2 sweep is better, but, in truth, I have never found much use for it.

I am still looking for something useful to do with the H/L Cut control.  I would love to assign it for RF gain.

Bill - W2WO