[TenTec] Corsair digital readout

Douglas sparks06524 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 30 04:05:29 EDT 2008

> Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 11:32:57 -0400
> From: "ric thor" <cqdek1pn at gmail.com>
> Subject: [TenTec] Corsair dig. readout
> To: tentec at contesting.com
>
> My corsair's digital readout sometimes locks up and
> freezes on a frequency.
> The vfo still works ok. I have to turn off and turn on
> again to bring back
> to normal.
> Any suggestions please?
> TNX

Try pulling and reseating the counter chip. Check for loose connections to and from the counter board.

Also, I've had trouble with one or more of the electrolytic caps in the counter circuit. There is one cap in particular that causes this kind of trouble. Due to the age on this rig, I'd simply change the two or three that are involved.

73,

Doug/WA1TUT