[TenTec] PTO adjustment

banda5 at comcast.net banda5 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 12 20:44:13 EDT 2008

Steve,

I wonder if the "pistol' is bent on your PTO that drags. Can you see the tuning knob out of center as you spin it.

I just did my C2 PTO at Xmas and am at 3 washers on it - I think it slips sometimes lately though even with 3 washers as evident on the freq displayed.
My tuning knob does seem out of center slightly and I should have rolled the pistol on a flat surface to check the run out on it when it was last rebuilt. I will do this this winter.
I rebuilt my Delta 580 with just 2 washers and it was still much smoother than my C2.

I am thinking its possible that additional washers could be needed to compensate for a pistol that is not true and causing extra friction.

Somthing to think about or check.

Good luck,

Aaron / N9SKN

From: Steve Hunt <steve at karinya.net>