[TenTec] Jupiter/Centurion hook up

Paul DeWitte kb9lie at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 12:16:09 EDT 2008

I am trying to hook up Peg's Jupiter to my Centurion amp.It is connected
like the book shows.

I have the keying loop turned on. It will key the rig if the amp is turned
off, but will not key the rig if the amp is turned on. It will not key the
rig either in standby or operate when it is turned on. Turn the amp off and
it will key the rig.

When the amp is turned on in operate, it will key the amp, but the amp does
not key the rig. The key is plugged into the Jupiter.

Have I missed something? Maybe a bad patch cord? But if that is so then why
does it work with the amp turned off?

Thanks for any replies.

73 Paul K9OT