[TenTec] How to sell an Omni VII

Mike Bryce prosolar at sssnet.com
Sun Aug 9 10:51:45 PDT 2009

Curt...

It seems to me that you're making more out of selling a radio than
what there really is. I've brought and sold many a radio, here on this
list, the bay by the shore, the old yellow sheets, and from hamfests.

have I've gotten burn? You betcha! But all and all, there's been more
good deals than bad.

Double box the radio and ship it insured. There's hundreds of
thousands of boxes shipped everyday and 99.9% make it there in one
piece. (oh let's not start the damaged by UPS thread again!)

personally, I won't buy anything from anyone who wants me to sign a
"hold harmless" contract. (Is whatever he is selling really screwed
up? Is it stolen?)

As for payment, love'em or hate'em paypal has a lot going for it. I
would shy away from personal checks and money orders received from the
quickiee mart. Money orders from the USPS seem to be the best. Of
course dead presidents work too, but not too many guys will send you
$2K worth of money in a envelope.

DON'T ship overseas, unless you really know the guy on the other end.
I won't even talk to someone in certain countries because of the scams
and fraud that's going on. Most guys that want you to ship out of the
USA want you to lie on the custom's forms so they won't have to pay
full VAT. That's not a good idea, in fact, you could well end up in
federal prison for lying on the custom's form. It's a homeland
security thing.

I've had more trouble selling on ebay than anyplace else. Since I move
the overflow I have, and most of the stuff in hitting 30+ years old, I
always seem to have trouble.

Like the guy that brought one of my trition IV's. He complained that
touching the dial skirt caused the freq to jump. I told him to read
the manual, its suppose to do that, so don't touch the dial skirt. He
just could not get it into his head there was nothing wrong with the
rig cause his rig did not do that.

Most electronics sold via ebay, here, there and everyplace else is
sold "as is" but not DOA.

Mike, WB8VGE