[TenTec] Centurion 422 Amp HV - 2800 V S/B 3100???

pfizenmayer pfizenmayer2 at q.com
Thu Dec 3 14:47:24 PST 2009

You need to get something like a Fluke with their 6KV multiplier or some
other valid HV measurement - possibly the cal adjustment resistors have
drifted or been diddled with. The manual shows where the cal resistor is
at - another possibility which I had happen to me was there was an arc or
something that blew the bias transistor and when I fixed that , the metering
was messed up. Turned out the meter movement was no longer 1 ma full scale.
Took about 1.3 ma to get to full scale. The cal resitor ranges would not
allow me to re cal - got new meter from TT and everything fell in place.
But bottom line is you need a separate way to measure the HV. BE CAREFUL -
and dont forget the HV shorting tab if you fire it up with case off.

FWIW -- Hank K7HP