[TenTec] Gel cells

k4dzr at juno.com k4dzr at juno.com
Sun Feb 8 20:43:13 EST 2009

For what it's worth:
I have been using a 7AH alarm battery charged by a 5 watt solar panel for the past couple of weeks.  I have a small charge regulator connected between the solar panel and the battery. It provides 12v output termnals to the xcvr. Running a  K2 at 4 watts - making quite a few contacts. No doubt Ten Tec rigs running qrp would be great for this set up also.
May try to beef up the solar power/battery and run my Orion  emergency power one day Hmm..........
Jerry, K4DZR