[TenTec] TenTec] O2 output level with PSK aux in

Dennis Duffin duffind at verizon.net
Wed Feb 11 07:57:25 EST 2009

I have seen the same thing with my OII.  I use Easy Pal for digital TV and
the output using my OII with everything max'd out is between 15 and 20 watts
output - using an Array Solutions Power Master. If I turn on the processor
to a level 2 or so, I can kick the output up to 45 - 50 watts output.  Using
my TS-480, the output without the processor easily gets up to the 70 watt
output range (although I reduce output via the soundcard to the 40 watts
range).  I have seen the same results on other digi modes between the rigs
and have always thought the OII output was low in comparison to other rigs
in the shack.  Wrote TenTec but the response was somewhat terse.  Have done
the usual resets with no change.  I have learned to use the TS-480 for the
wider-band digital modes if I need additional output.

Dennis W5UV