[TenTec] Ten Tec and Waiting

Toby Pennington toby423 at embarqmail.com
Mon Feb 23 13:20:46 EST 2009

Jim M. wrote:
> Does Icom provide upgrades with software?  I don't see it being done.
> Instead we will see a never ending stream of revisions such as the 746, 746
> Pro, 746 Pro III, etc. to fix problems.  Let's see, 7800, 7800 Pro, Pro ii,
> Pro III, then there will be the 8000, 9000, etc.
I believe this is referred to as the Japanese "Radio of the Month
Club".    :-)

I hate to burst anybody's bubble or belief system,  but Icom does do firmware upgrades and has been for about 5 year now.

The Icom 7800, 7700, and the new rig 7600 are all upgradable.   I have owned a 7700 for about a year now and we have had two upgrades so far.  The 7700 is a great rig and really doesn't have any warts now that I am aware of.

Just wanted to set the record straight...........Toby  W4CAK