[TenTec] 422 HF Amp Input Low Pass Filter Board question

Jim Brown K9YC k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Feb 25 00:56:57 PST 2009

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 02:01:59 +0000, K0BX wrote:

>My Question is - Should I just order a new board from TT?

Sure -- provide some stimulus to the economy!  That's the only good
reason to do it. Every Ten Tec amp I've ever seen will get to full
power (or close to it) with less than 50W drive, and I typically run
at about 30 watts. The only reason to worry about an SWR indication
on the amp input is if the transceiver is folding back to protect
itself, and it certainly should not at that relatively tame SWR.

73,

Jim K9YC