[TenTec] 041 firmware rev

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 27 13:13:15 PST 2009

I also notice the anomaly when AF AGC is engaged.

If the decay rate is set to less than 6 dB/s the AGC hangs for the
prescribed period, but the decay rate acts as if it's essentially
infinity. This results in severe audio distortion with many pops.

My O II has been on all day and I have NOT seen the anomaly described
for the spectrum display. What I *did* notice is a tiny horizontal
red "dash," about 1 mm long, that appeared at the same vertical level
as the filter width display, roughly above the blue spectrum tuning index.

While I'm sure that this list is monitored by TT, because this is
listed as a beta release, is there a conduit for bug reports like
this? I don't mean feature requests, such as "Make the blue tuning
index a vertical line," etc., but true buggy behavior, like odd lines
appearing on the spectrum display and strange behavior by the AF AGC.

Kim Elmore, N5OP