[TenTec] Omni V upgrade --and WTB front pop up stand (bail)

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj at storm.weather.net
Fri Jan 2 14:01:49 EST 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-02 at 09:10 -0500, Scott Sheppard wrote:
> Thank you all for the replies...some very good ideas. I think the option
> of engraving may offer the best results if the local shop can work that
> small. A bit of white paint rubbed in and we're off...I hope. The radio
> is mint so I am not inclined to make any changes that would take away
> from its appearance as silly as it may sound.

It might be that stock buttons sold at Mouser or Digi-Key would fit and
provide raw material for engraving experiments. Some cost 15 cents each.

If engraving fails, it might be possible to use an ordinary steel stamp
to melt into the plastic. Apply the stamp after heating, just enough.
Then sand the surface back flat before filling the impression with paint
or crayon.

Today the pantograph engraver is obsolete, they are computer controlled
milling machines now. With far more versatility and far easier setup.

> The new keyboard idea had me going for a bit but it appears a
> non-starter. Oh well...my big quest now is to try and find a front stand
> for the old Omni A I have...anyone have a bail and front two feet they
> are willing to part with? TT is out of them (for good? who knows?)...
>
> 73
> scott VA3IED

73, Jerry, K0CQ