[TenTec] Omni V Low Output Problem

n2ouv at optonline.net n2ouv at optonline.net
Sun Jan 25 14:55:32 EST 2009

Hello to the list,

My Omni V has developed problem where it is only making about 10 Watts of output on all bands. I made the following checks to try and determine where the issue may be.
Checked the IC and it is only 5 amps.
Made sure the power connector and jumper bar in the back of the rig are secure.
Checked the ALC gain pot
Verified the ALC is present and varies with mic gain.
Verified the presence of  "T" voltage on the small blue wire from pin 11 on the lpf board to the PA unit. The measured voltage is about 10 VDC.
Visually inspected the components in the PA unit and also on the LPF board.
I also removed connector 79 feeding the PA unit and cleaned the connector. I also notice when 79 is not connected there is no output at all, so to me it appears that there is Low level signal reaching the PA but the PA is not working.

I am not sure what could be causing this issue and was wondering if anyone on the list could  lend a hand and offer any suggestions as to what may be causing this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Joe