[TenTec] Omni VI Mod 3 and RTTY

Ed w3nr at comcast.net
Mon Jan 26 16:15:23 EST 2009

Jerry Pyle wrote:
> I am in the process of setting up my station to run RTTY, preferably FSK.
>
> My Omni VI Mod3 has all of the filter slots filled and upon inspection I
> found that there is not a 217 filter amongst the bunch.
>
> I have been on the searchable archives looking for a possible Inrad filter
> that will work in place of the 217 (which we all know TenTec no longer
> makes) or another workable solution using my existing 500hz filters.
>

> Jerry - WB7S
>
> Basin, WY
>

> http://wb7s.home.bresnan.net
>

> 73

I use my Omni6 on RTTY without a problem. Had a 217 and sold it, too
narrow. Use LSB and your 500hz filter(s) and you won't have a problem.

FSK is fine as long as the 2 xtals are 170Hz apart, any more/less you
will not be happy. I use AFSK and as long as it is set right you won't
have any problems.

If you do use FSK, the PBT needs to be set at 3 o'clock.

All that is needed for the FSK keying cicuit is a 1K resistor in series
with the TXD line.

Ed W3NR