[TenTec] TT 422 Amp Filament Transformer Problem?

Mike, K9UW k9uw at wi-net.com
Thu Jul 9 16:39:05 PDT 2009

Joe, I also own an early 422 and just updated it with the "Bias Mod for
422" from TenTec.  This mod kit includes a replacement for the original
Filament AC Board and features a circuit that cuts off the bias when the
rig is in transmit but is in idle.

While installing the mod, I discovered that the wires providing AC to
the old board (at terminals H and J) were stranded, and that all but one
of the strands had broken on each wire.  I have no idea whether the
failure of the strands was a recent event or if they had been broken for
some time.

Given the intermittent nature of your problem, perhaps this condition
exists in your 422 as well?

73, de Mike, K9UW
Amherst, WI
http://www.k9uw.com