[TenTec] Weak Output from 706 Microphone and your recommendations.

David Drake drakes at psci.net
Wed Jul 22 10:12:11 PDT 2009

I believe the 706 had the same board as the 705 and both were electret
condenser mics with a nice bright response.  First check all wiring.  Then
on the existing board look for any indication of component failure.  OR,...
buy a new mic. I'd try a 709a.  If you want a stand they have one or you can
buy one from another source.  The 709a is only $69, a bargain at that price.
Note these new mics are not indicated to be electret condenser, but dynamic
mics.  If I needed one, this is the one I'd get.
Good luck,
David