[TenTec] Great service from Ten Tec

David Cuttler davidcuttler at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 2 18:30:42 PST 2009

After hearing all the bashing that Ten Tec receives on this site, I just wanted to say some nice things to help balance it out.

First, I do not own one of the latest hot computer defined radios. I do own a Corsair II loaded with all the filters, and I just recently acquired a 1208 6-meter transverter. When I had some minor issues with the Corsair, The guys at Ten Tec were just a phone call away, were always helpful, and I was able to make the component changes to get it back on the air. The same for the transverter I ended up doing some heavy work on the board, and I made 3 calls to the repair department, and received very good and understandable help to get going. Gary was great!

Like all hams, every now and then, I get the bug to have something newer and better. Every time I look at the other brands, I remember how easy it is to talk to a real person at Ten Tec who would take the time to help me. I can see an OMNI VII in my future.

David - KE6YX