[TenTec] New Firmware

CSM(r) Gary Huber glhuber at msn.com
Mon Mar 2 18:44:11 PST 2009

I do NOT own an Orion 1 or 2. As a TenTec owner/supporter for over twenty years and many thousands of $$ (see
 http://www.csm-gh.com/AB9M-Shack.htm ), I've watched this firmware upgrade thread with great interest. As one who worked in the telecommunications industry and "did" a great deal of "dial up data", I've observed that there may be data loss as the root cause of the widely varying success rate in this Firmware upgrade. And most of the time the problem is in the last 25 feet of the circuit.... baud rate and flow control between devices. Just an observation from one with no skin in this game.
Best regards,

CSM(r) Gary Huber - AB9M
9679 Heron Bay Rd
Bloomington, IL 61705