[TenTec] 564 9 mHz Filters

d.e.warnick at comcast.net d.e.warnick at comcast.net
Sun May 3 20:41:14 PDT 2009

I have 2 Omni VI+. One is all TenTec filters, the other is all InRad. Both have the InRad 600 Hz Roofing Filter Mod operated by the N2 button.

The all-TenTec filter unit has the 2017 500Hz filter in N2 and the InRad equipped unit has the 760 250 Hz InRad filter in N2. I use the InRad equipped unit all the time. It is definitely superior to the TenTec for my ears and my personal likes (your mileage may vary). If you want 500 Hz bandwidth, the TenTec 2017 is great. In either case, the InRad 600 Hz roofing filter mod is worth the money a couple of times over. 500 or 250 Hz bandwidth is a personal choice and you'll get a lot of passionate claims that each is the best choice. It's up to your ears.

73

Dave

WA3MKB