[TenTec] Help with Ham Radio Deluxe and Orion

jack User jfriend31 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 11 17:33:09 PDT 2009

i have been using LOGic for years and lately along with MixW. LOGic8 and
MixW2 work wonderfully well together especially for digital modes.
entering the callsign into MixW and ENTER sends that call to LOGic8 when
one has set LOGic8 to work with MixW. then all the proper cells are
filled in LOGic8.

i run WinXP because Vista is a bug. i tried it and it failed too many
times. the Orion connects to the computer thru a serial to USB adapter
using the cables supplied with the Orions. i key CW with the one serial
port thru a simple switch built from the help files in MixW--a
transistor, a diode and 2 resistors.

no boxes of any kind are used. i have been using this method now since i
purchased the original Orions new a few years ago.

jack
ak7o