[TenTec] Loud fan PS 963

Gary Hoffman ghoffman at spacetech.com
Mon Sep 28 15:50:37 PDT 2009

Jerry is correct in what he says below of course.  Another thing to consider
is the space between finger guards, filters, perforated metal, or anything
else the air has to flow through.  If the fan blades are spinning very
closely spaced to items such as these, they will make loud, often tonal,
noise.  Increasing the spacing or removing the obstructions (if practical)
will often reduce noise.  Clean the blades off also - built up stuff on the
edges will make lots of noise.

73 de Gary, AA2IZ