[TenTec] soldering pl259

Dave dave.gotech at talktalk.net
Tue Apr 13 02:34:21 PDT 2010

Good morning...A bit off topic I know, and I don't want to "teach my granny
to suck eggs" but just in case there is anyone who has'nt heard of them, we
can get PL259 plugs in the UK which fit in the same way as N types. ie the
outer does not need soldering, it is clamped in the same way as with the N
type. siutably assembled they can be water tight and though they are more
expensive than the others they can be recovered and used again. They are
branded "MULTICOMP" and are sold in the UK by Farnell under the part number
1169714. I am sure  they will be available in the colonies too!
Dave...G4DAX