[TenTec] OMNI VII vs. K3 ? Opinions invited.,

John McAlpine IV kz4b at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 25 15:33:20 PDT 2010

I have an OMNI 6+ and an OMNI 7.  They both put out full or near full power up to an SWR of about 3:1.  Somewhere above that they shut down completely.  To me this design characteristic is far more useful than the Jap Rigs (of which I have several Kenwood and Yaesu) which begin loosing power above about 1.5:1!
John/KZ4B