[TenTec] Timewave 599ZX-Omni VI Opt 3

Rick - NJ0IP / DJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Mon Apr 26 20:53:19 PDT 2010

Art,

Take a look at the ANC-4 noise canceller, also from Timewave.
Sounds like it would do a better job for you than the 599ZX.

In the early 90's I bought a no-name PC and put it in the shack.
It was a random noise generator.
Caused S9 noise level, pretty much on all bands.
I had an Omni VI and a 599 (don't believe it was the ZX yet).
Didn't help a lot.
Then I bought an ANC-4 and it dropped the noise to about an S3.
Then I replaced the PC with a laptop and didn't need anything.

The problem with those old noname PCs was usually the noise generated
through the power supply, so I'm guessing the ANC-4 will help you a lot.

Do your own due diligence.

73
Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: tentec-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com]
On Behalf Of Art Trampler
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2010 8:23 PM
To: 'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'
Subject: [TenTec] Timewave 599ZX-Omni VI Opt 3

‘Evening,

I’m curious if any of you have added a Timewave 599ZX to an Option 3 or Omni
VI Plus, and if you did, did it make for a considerable improvement or was
it somewhat redundant?

I live in an older section of town that is prone to line noise.  The NB on
my Option 3 is generally useful against it provided there are no strong
signals at all close by.  Using a CW filter tends to negate the value of the
NB because, I imagine, the timing is distorted by signal delay in the
filter.  The DSP noise reduction on my Omni VI is useless against it.

73,

Art Trampler, KØRO