[TenTec] Ten-Tec Rig Comparisons

Gary Hoffman ghoffman at spacetech.com
Thu Apr 29 19:58:58 PDT 2010

Yep, it sure is.

I want "enough" bandwidth to be passed by the radio so that I can tailor it
afterwards - for MY ears - by using
my add-on filters.  That means, to me, that the rig ought to pass about 250
to 2800 Hz audio without impairment.

I usually filter out the lows then, and tend to boost the mids, which I
don't hear well anymore, and filter out the REAL high,
to cut down on the annoying high frequency noise that contains no
intelligence.

As for transmit, I don't want Hi Fi.  I want Punch, because I work only
contests.  So thats my day to day environment.

Your milage will vary for sure !

73 de Gary, AA2IZ