[TenTec] Headphones for ORION I?

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Thu Aug 12 18:14:51 PDT 2010

I use 12 band graphic equalizer to filter out the highs and lows and
thus they don't bother me.   It really helps clarify old time radio
programs, which are mostly speech, anyway.    I sometimes use a Timewave
DSP 599zx audio filter, and when I am not using the DSP to kill some
noise, I use its high cut and low cut filters in the same way as the
audio equalizer.   That allows me to use high end earphones, and still
not be bothered by unwanted noise outside the human speech frequency band.

My Sennheiser HMD-45-6 headset has a limited earphone response curve to
address this point -  they only play between 100 Hz and 5,000 Hz,  so
that means they act as if they have a built in high cut noise filter.
The microphone get great reports, also.

Similarly, my Shure SM-2 headset has earphone receivers which are
limited to only 100 - 8000 Hz.    The product guide says:

		The dual earphones have a frequency response of 100 to
		8,000 Hz with excellent voice intelligibility for cue, program,
		sidetone, or intercom signals. High sensitivity and the enclosed
		ear feature help to block out room noise and ensure
		clarity of the incoming signal.

THESE ARE EXCELLENT FOR HAM RADIO AND I USE THEM OFTEN ON MY OMNI VII
and  the rig and microphone work together wonderfully.   I get lots of
good audio reports on that microphone.

The limited earphone receiver frequency response addresses the point
about not wanting to hear high frequencies if there is only noise up there.

Just MY take, anyway...

  .  He reports operators get tired