[TenTec] Original Orion Firmware

Barry N1EU barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 10:46:30 PDT 2010

I use 1.373b5 due to a fundamental defect in the subrx dsp filtering
in v2 firmware versions.  Perhaps there was an extra "stage" of
filtering in v1 firmware that is omitted in v2 firmware.  The result
is that in v2, there is significant filter "blowby" well out of the
passband on the subreceiver in cw.  Until this is fixed, I can't use
v2 firmware.

Here I tune up/down through a strong carrier with v2.062a and v1.373b5
and the difference in blowby is stark:

http://n1eu.com/orion/2_062a.mp3
http://n1eu.com/orion/1_373b5.mp3

73,