[TenTec] TITAN 425 PS maintenance

Ron Castro ronc at sonic.net
Fri Dec 3 13:26:29 PST 2010

There was an article from a ham in Texas on the internet on modifying the
425 for 3CPX800's but I can't find it.  I recall it required an entire new
supply, including a custom-built Hypersil transformer from Peter W. Dahl
that ran more voltage and current than the original and fit in the power
supply cabinet.  With the higher plate voltage, less drive was required, and
lower grid current for legal power, but I think the real object was to run
much more than legal power.  The author claimed he tested the modified amp
at 3.2 kW PEP out..."on a dummy load of course" (yeah, right!).  I guess
everything's bigger in Texas!

Like one Texan told me: "Go big or stay home"....

            Ron  N6IE
       www.N6IE.com