[TenTec] TITAN 425 PS maintenance

Don Jones ko7i at comcast.net
Sat Dec 4 10:03:08 PST 2010

Ditto what Jerry said.
To do such a mod without a change to the output tank circuit is reckless.
Nice power supply redesign effort but unfortunately this job is only half
done (or baked). Hams have a responsibility to transmit a clean signal that
is not a source of harmful interfere.
I would like to see the two tone harmonics content of the transmitted signal
with pulse rated tubes. I have heard that it requires great RF design skills
to get a pulse rated tube to operate cleanly when transmitting a SSB signal.
But then no one would over-drive their transmitter on our ham bands to break
a DX pile up... no they wouldn't do that...
Then there is the issue of Radiated RF Field strengths and safety...
3500W vs. 1500W = +3.68 gain (or 1/2 a "S" unit).
I fail to see a true value added "return on investment" on this one.

Don Jones KO7i
Arlington, WA