[TenTec] Eagle comparison

Paul DeWitte k9ot at yousq.net
Sat Dec 4 08:00:39 PST 2010

The Eagle has been out for a little while now.
For those of you that have one or had access to one, how would you rate it
compared to an OmniV or OmniVI? How about an Orion? A used Orion and the
Eagle would be very similar in price, and yes they are two entirely
different radios.

I know that it is not meant to replace the OII, and it does not have a rcv
ant jack, which for me is very important for 160m DXing.

It looks like it would be a great travel radio. How hard is working split?
How many extra filters do you need?

Just in the thinking stage.

Thanks 73 Paul K9OT