[TenTec] New Eagle vs. Used Omni VII

kf6e at mail.com kf6e at mail.com
Wed Dec 22 05:28:32 PST 2010

Fellow Ten Tec admirers,

I'm torn between a new Eagle and a used Omni VII.

I do mostly casual operating, get on contests only to make contacts (never to compete), operate 160 to 6, do mostly CW and PSK, with some SSB and RTTY.  I'm thinking about trying remote operation just to see if I can catch a band opening during my lunch hour at work.

The Eagle has 10 dB more dynamic range narrow spaced, but the sensitivity is about the same on both rigs.

Does anyone have experience or opinions about which is the better rig?  I realize that I'd need to operate them for myself, but short of buying them both, that probably won't happen.

Thanks.

73,
Frank
KF6E