[TenTec] ALC & the Omni VI

Sam veast1 at charter.net
Sun Feb 7 07:00:11 PST 2010

Hello again Bob,
I used to have a Heathkit amp connected to my Omni VI+ and never hooked
up the ALC.  The way i understand it is that with a solid state final
amp in the driver, you don't need ALC.  Again, the way i understand it
is that with tubes in the final of the driver, it's very easy to get
into an over driven situation and the ALC line contains a negative
voltage bias that dynamically controls the drive to the amplifier.

Hope i got all of the right.

73 again.

Paul (N6MYA)