[TenTec] 238 Tuner

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Mon Feb 22 08:24:25 PST 2010

It frustrates me that TT switch that external capacitor into play as
early as switch position 3 (out of 5) on the LoZ side. I've often needed
a pretty large capacitor for my 160m antenna, and switching it in as
early as position 3 sometimes then precludes getting a match on 80m and
40m. Because of the switching arrangement TT use, it doesn't kick in
until position 4 if you are on the HiZ side. I really must get around to
mounting the capacitor in a box with a switch, rather than have it
permanently bolted in place.

73,
Steve G3TXQ