[TenTec] Orion II cabinet temp?

Ron Castro ronc at sonic.net
Fri Feb 26 13:26:38 PST 2010

Tom:

I have a shelf much closer than that to the top of my O II and have never
had a problem, at least not so far.  I also use mine quite a few hours every
day, as well as in contests in all modes.  Only in RTTY contests do I need
to use a fan on the power amplifier heat sync.  In CW and SSB contests, it
never gets more than slightly warm regardless of power.  Most of the time, I
drive a linear that needs only about 45 Watts, but in some contests I run
low power category use the O II at it's full 100 Watts output.

You can see a picture of the installation at www.n6ie.com .

            Ron N6IE
       www.N6IE.com