[TenTec] Corsair AGC problem

Steve Berg wa9jml at tbc.net
Sat Jan 16 20:12:42 PST 2010

My Corsair II seems to be quite sensitive, and I have had a great time
working DX on the low end of 80 meters with it.  But, even with the RF
gain up all the way, and the attenuator set to off, my radio seldom
indicates more than S9 on receive.  It does go beyond that on transmit,
so I know the meter movement is okay.  Does this rig need a realignment,
or should I just mess around with the S meter zero control?  It does
read about S1 or S2 on normal background noise.

Thanks,

Steve WA9JML