[TenTec] Omni VI+ the best and other great radios

Jim Brown K9YC k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Jan 30 21:00:47 PST 2010

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 19:08:19 -0600, CSM\(r\) Gary Huber - AB9M
wrote:

>The problem if there is one, is often I can hear DX signals but
>they cannot hear me even when the Titan 425 is running max legal
>power to a TH-7.

That happens to me a lot. At least four common reasons for that. 1)
Your QTH is a lot quieter than theirs.  2) They're running a lot
more power than you are. I'm told that some unprincipalled folks do
that. 3) Your antenna or topography isn't working as well as his
relative to your respective neighbors. 4) QRM

73,

Jim K9YC