[TenTec] Jupiter power issue

Michael Goins wmgoins at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 11:00:49 PDT 2010

Putting the Jupiter station back together and I seem to have a problem.

When I hook the rig via the wattmeter to a dummy load and put the
internal Jupiter meter in "power" and key the rig, I show 20 watts,
regardless of where it is set on the power range in the Jupiter's
menu. When I am at 0 in the menu, I have 20 watts. At 50%, 20 watts.
At 100%, 20 watts. I am running the output through an external meter
to the dummy load, and the internal meter matches what the external
meter is showing.

I am new to the Jupiter, and I don't know if it's me missing something
or having something in the wrong position, or if I have a power output
issue, but it's got me worried.

Mike, k5wmg
Pipe Creek, Texas
Fast cars, slow boats, big dogs, old trucks, little radios, and
summers off to write