[TenTec] 422 Amp Keying Problem - Solved

K0BX k0bx at arrl.net
Sat Jun 5 12:38:19 PDT 2010

A week or so I mentioned that the Break-in CW stopped working on my 422
TT Amp.  The my  CW keyer keys the amp and the amp keys the PRO3.  It
has been working since I got the amp about a year ago.  I don't think
this amp has many problems as no one had a similar problem/solution.

Then I got a e-mail from Garry Green at Ten-Tec.  He suggested that I
jumped D2 on the QSK board..  I did not think this was the problem, but
I got a bit of time today and I jumped the D2 diode.  Now It WORKS!!!.

I did not check the diode for an open as I did not want to unsolder it.
but it now works.

BTW I had been using Semi-breakin and that worked find except for the
delay back to receive, Some of the good CW contester were half way
through my callsign by the time semi breakin went back to receive.  Long
live QSK and a big thanks to TT and Garry Green for reading the Tentec
reflector.

Joe K0BX